To see the Middle East transformed, as lives are changed by the love of Christ through the message of the gospel.
Obeying God’s call and trusting him, we:
- encourage Middle Eastern Christians to minister to neighbors with the love and truth of Christ
- support local church-planting and discipleship initiatives
- model vibrant Christian faith
- mobilize the worldwide church to pray for the region
Serving in various contexts, our multi-cultural teams:
- invest in relationships, learn languages, and acquire cultural sensitivity
- engage in church life, serving alongside local believers
- reach out with compassion to the marginalized, including refugees and displaced
- provide education at all levels, including theological training
- serve through healthcare
- run businesses and serve in professional roles, as a means of Christian witness
- participate in Bible translation and distribution
- support the mobilization of local people for regional and international witness
Communities Where He Is Least Known
Islam is the majority faith, and many Middle Easterners only know caricatures of the Christian faith. Spiritual conversations come readily for those with the time and the willingness to invest in relationships. People are asking questions as never before, and they need to connect with scripture and with Christians who can explain it.
As we and our local partners invest in relationships, we pray that many from the majority communities will understand and accept the gospel through the witness of our lives, friendship, testimony and gospel presentation.
Regional conflicts and economic challenges have prompted huge movements of people over recent years, compounding the plight of those already disadvantaged or marginalized. Economic collapse and Covid-19 have intensified these challenges, bringing widespread hopelessness and a desire to emigrate.
Care for the vulnerable is a focus of many of the ministries we serve in. As churches adjust programs, train their people, and reach out with Christ’s compassion, we rejoice that unprecedented numbers are finding hope, peace and life in Christ.