As we pray for the world’s least-reached peoples, God forms in us a heart for missions and the Great Commission. He often uses that yearning as a springboard for us to consider serving as long-term missionaries. Allow the Holy Spirit to guide your prayers and be open to His leading as you seek to make a difference through prayer.
Praying for the nations can be done in various ways and through various prayer tools.
Prayer tools include:
- Prayer guides – there are many prayer guides that will help with this. A few helpful links are below.
- Scripture – pray specific verses and promises for the people of a nation.
- World map or globe – pick a nation and pray for the people, the leaders, and those serving in ministry.
- Prayer networks – networks or groups that let you join others to pray for the nations.
- News and current events – pray for the immediate needs of a specific nation and people.
Below is a list of prayer tools that can be used to pray for nations, least-reached people groups, and SIM USA ministries.
As you pray for the nations, be willing to say to God, as Isaiah did, “Here am I Lord, send me.”
- SIM’s Pray 9:38
- SIM’s Together By Prayer
- SIM International’s Prayer Guide
- SIM’s 7 Day Prayer Journey
- Prayercast exists to fuel a global movement of prayer for the sake of the lost. In these videos, you will be led in prayer by a person from a specific country or people group. This resource is a great opportunity to learn about different countries and to join a local person in prayer. These videos can be shared in church services, small groups, and youth events.
- Joshua Project
- Joshua Project is a research initiative seeking to identify the ethnic people groups of the world with the fewest followers of Jesus. Click the link to learn more ways you can pray for nations with little gospel witness.
Director of Prayer and Celebration