Through the compelling love of Christ, the West Africa Missions Office:
- partners with the West African Church for greater synergy in global missions.
- mobilizes and sends qualified, equipped missionaries from and through the West African Church all over the world to cross cultural barriers.
- enables the making of disciples of the Lord Jesus Christ in communities where He is least known by the missionaries sent from West Africa.
- Mobilizing in West Africa for the recruitment of new missionaries
- Partnering with local like-minded churches, mission organizations and other regional bodies in West Africa for global missions
- Training and sending missionaries from West Africa
- Mobilizing for more prayer and financial support for missionaries
Communities where He is least known
The Fulani of Nigeria
The Fulani are nomadic people in Nigeria who speak a language called Fulfulde. They fiercely reject anything they perceive as contrary to their lifestyle of roaming with their cattle herds, including education and permanent homes. As a result of their strong rejection of education, most Fulani are not literate. They are found within the 10/40 Window.
Illiteracy among the Fulani is an obstacle for learning about Christ when the gospel is presented in written form. To reach the Fulani people, missionaries seek to assist them in their physical welfare and to build relationships and trust.
Among the Fulani people, Islam is the most dominant religion, with 99.65 per cent of the population adhering to it, while only 0.35 per cent profess Christianity. The population of the Fulani is approximately 15,972,000.
There is now a Fulfulde translation of the New Testament, so literate Fulani Christ followers can more easily access and study God’s Word.
Pray for the few Christian believers among the Fulani to be teachers and disciples of Jesus Christ.
Pray for the Fulani to experience Christ and the power of his love and grace.
Pray for the Holy Spirit to give the Fulani a quick understanding of the gospel.
Pray for the desire among the Fulani to prioritize education for their children.
Pray for the government to find a stable solution to help the Fulani live peacefully among other ethnic groups.
Pray for long-term laborers to live among the Fulani and share the love of Christ with them.
Pray for faithful intercessors who will stand in the gap for the Hausa people.
Pray for revelation through dreams and visions among the Hausa people.
Pray for more churches to send and support of West African missionaries.
Pray for missionaries to find and raise the necessary support.
Pray for the leadership of the West Africa Missions Office.
Interested in serving with the SIM West Africa Missions Office?
Complete the form below, and a member of our team will reach out to learn more about you, answer your questions, and discuss next steps as you explore serving with SIM.
Please note that SIM missionaries raise financial support. We trust God to provide and we will assist you in the support raising process! If this is a concern for you, our recruitment team will be happy to discuss this process with you further.