JOIN THE NOMAD TRUCK VENTURE
Approximately 20 Days
4 to 10 Riders
East African Countries
SUV’s & Tent Camping
The Nomad Truck Venture (NTV) is a 3-week mobile training workshop where young adults experience some of the realities of working among nomads firsthand. NTV is purposefully designed to educate, equip, and encourage young adults to consider long-term work among and/or on behalf of nomadic peoples.
LOCATIONS & COSTS
Trek 1: Kenya and/or Ethiopia | Dates TBD
Trek 2: Kenya and/or Ethiopia | Dates TBD
Estimated costs: $3,500 + international airfare
WHAT CAN YOU EXPECT?
• We travel 5,000 kilometers across East Africa for 3 weeks in a SUV-fitted for overland travel.
• We meet nomadic peoples and any seasoned field workers who live and work among them during the day, and we tent/bush camp most nights.
• The NTV is staffed by experienced mentors who lead riders through a defined curriculum. Our mentors teach riders who nomads are and how God has loved them since Genesis. They also help train riders how to live and serve among nomadic communities.
• Our goal is to inspire individuals to consider lifelong work among or on behalf of nomadic peoples. This could mean becoming a field person who lives and serves among nomads, but could also mean advocacy on their behalf, serving in support roles, or mobilizing others.
WHO CAN JOIN THE TREK?
• NTV is designed for college students, young professionals, or those considering a career change. Most NTV Riders are between 20-40 years of age, but other ages can be considered.
• Academic credit – Riders can use the curriculum for travel study and to pursue internship credit. We work with colleges, seminaries, and universities to seek credit for NTV riders who are college students.
ARE YOU A GOOD FIT?
Convinced that no should live and die without hearing God’s good news, we’re compelled to cross barriers and make disciples in communities where Jesus is least known. If the following describes you, then you might be a good fit for the NTV:
• Passionate about growing God’s kingdom and inviting least-reached nomads to follow Jesus
• Actively exploring God’s call to missions and drawn to nomads and/or the least reached
• View this opportunity as a strategic equipping and envisioning trip, not just an adventure
• Willing to step out of your comfort zone and endure hardship, give up personal space, and enter the culture, climate, and lifestyle of nomadic peoples
• Willing to be used as instruments of God’s justice and mercy to the people we meet in culturally sensitive ways
WORKING TOGETHER TO REACH NOMADIC PEOPLES
NTV is organized by the Nomadic Peoples Network, a collaborative, multi-agency forum where those working to advance the Kingdom of God among nomadic and semi-nomadic ethnic groups can share what they have learned and encourage one another in this specialized cross cultural ministry.
JOIN US ON TREK 2022!
Contact us today by email at SIMUSA.ShortTermTeams@sim.org with questions or complete the interest form below to get started with the application process. Be sure to include “Trek 2022” in the message section along with your level of interest and/or questions.
Please note that SIM missionaries raise financial support. We trust God to provide and we will assist you in the support raising process! If this is a concern for you, our recruitment team will be happy to discuss this process with you further.