WE ARE DEPENDENT ON GOD
A SPECIAL MESSAGE FROM THE SIM USA PRESIDENT
Dear Brothers and Sisters in Christ,
As we together face the realities of this global pandemic, I find comfort in the reality that God is in control whether we perceive it or not. One of our SIM core values is that we are dependent on God. Our community dependence on God leads us toward discernment that enables us to simultaneously trust God and act wisely. Since stepping into the role as SIM USA president on March 1, I have been privileged to lead our SIM USA family, working in partnership with SIM globally as we trust God and act wisely. Together, we’ve responded to the COVID-19 pandemic in these ways:
• SIM USA leaders formed a Crisis Response Team to implement guidelines coming from SIM’s global Crisis Management Team and to discern, prepare for, and address U.S. implications, as well as provide ongoing care for U.S. workers abroad.
• We participated in the global day of prayer SIM International communications set up and continue to pray.
• SIM USA office staff have been working diligently to assist U.S. workers impacted by disrupted international travel and other unexpected changes.
• SIM USA shifted to work-from-home operations for staff members able to do so.
• All visits to the SIM USA campus have been eliminated for a rolling three-week period.
We remain steadfast to our purpose of making disciples of the Lord Jesus Christ in communities where He is least known. In pursuing that purpose, we continue to support our international workers and to recruit for more workers. At SIM, we want every decision we make and action we take to flow from our dependence on God. And just as He has sustained our organization for the last 127 years, we’re trusting Him for both today and tomorrow.
My hope is that you and your family will join us by prayer and in faith as we depend on God for the provision of all our needs. May He protect you and your loved ones in the face of this threat. May He lead you to be bold and courageous in proclaiming the resurrected Christ and salvation in His name—the greatest news that could ever be shared. And in this time of uncertainty, may these words of the Apostle Paul echo in our hearts and minds:
“And my God will supply every need of yours according to his riches in glory in Christ Jesus.” (Phil. 4:19, ESV)
In closing, I would like to thank you for your partnership in the gospel. SIM is incredibly grateful to have tens of thousands of harvest workers like you serving alongside us through prayer, giving, and going—all in dependence on God and for His glory.
In Jesus’ great name,