In February 2016 we asked you to join us in praying for more teachers in the mission field. God has been answering those prayers! We’re delighted to report that as we prayed, He provided 12 new and continuing teachers for the 2016-2017 school year, and we are hearing from even more teachers interested in serving. Praise the Lord! One of those answers to prayer is Ann Berry, a teacher who became interested in mission work after reading an SIM newsletter much like this one. Ann is a teacher at the Galmi Day School in Niger. While we were praying, she was praying too—asking God if she should extend her term for another year. She said, “If Jesus wants me to come back, He’s going to have to show me by providing the finances.” God brought in enough support to convince her to stay—but not all she needed. That came only after she made her decision. Then, miraculously, the entire amount was provided—some by donors she didn’t even know. Apparently, God wanted her to take a step of faith! Now she’s delighted to be returning to school teaching the children of medical missionaries so they can serve others at the Galmi Hospital. The way Ann sees it, everyone has a part to play in the body of Christ.
Pray for mission work at Galmi, that…
• The mission team would truly reflect the love of Jesus in the community
• The children will be encouraged to know and share the love of Jesus
• The children would gain a sense of who Jesus is.
Please also pray that God would provide more educators to serve.
We currently need:
• Elementary school teachers at 17 schools
• Middle and high school teachers at 15 schools
• Directors and principals at 10 schools
• Even more ESL, homeschool, and local schoolteachers