SIM Thailand desires to see Thai churches transformed by grace and reaching out to neighbors both near and far.
In order to see Thai churches transformed by grace we work in areas of:
- Church planting: SIM partners primarily with Overseas Missionary Fellowship (OMF) by placing church planters alongside Thai churches in some of the most unreached parts of the country. Among central Thai people, only 0.3% is believers; there is much fear among our Thai neighbors because of Buddhism.
- Mission support: We are passionate about MK education (missionary kids’ schools and home schooling), member care, and counseling for the families of cross-cultural mission workers serving across Asia. We place our teachers and counselors at Grace International School (GIS), Asia Educational Resource Consortium (AERC), and the Well Member Care Center.
- Church capacity building: We want to facilitate local churches as they minister through sports, youth, and HIV and AIDS. Our new Siam Impact foundation provides the basis for these ministries in the form of Sports Friends and HOPE for AIDS.
SIM Thailand is also passionate about equipping and mobilizing Thai believers for missions. Through our existing ministries and partnerships, we want to build capacity of local churches in this area. We are only in the early stages of this part of our vision and are asking for laborers to come help the Thai church. We envision this as a relational and mentoring ministry.
Thailand is also the home of the C-SEA area office serving the region.
Points for Prayer
- Pray for the SIM Thailand director. Pray especially as he develops relationships with Thai believers.
- Pray for more church planters while we have freedom to preach the gospel. Most Thai would say they don’t understand the gospel; consequently, we need to reflect deeply and theologically about doing our cross-cultural ministry tasks. Pray this will happen in the context of both our church planting partnerships and our discipleship ministries.
- Pray for our Thailand leadership committee, currently acting as our SIM council and Siam Impact board. We need clear direction in the area of contextualized church planting, relationship oriented discipleship, and cross-cultural mission ministry.
- Pray for our new Thai language coaching program; we desire our knowledge of the Thai language to be robust.
- Pray for Thai to know Jesus and all his glory.