We want to see many New Zealanders mobilized into the hard places of the world to reach the unreached with the transforming message of Jesus.
- Sending: New Zealanders are currently serving in a diverse range of ministries including education, health care, HIV and AIDS, community development, theological education, church planting, church development, people development, and leadership. Our 2013 faith goal is for 25 new associates and 15 new members.
- Serving: We seek to serve the NZ church with workshops and consultancy on cross-cultural ministry in NZ and other workshops on overseas mission.
- Praying: Another initiative is an annual SIM prayer day with the ten2b virus concept based on Luke 10:2b. God has answered our prayers, increasing beyond our expectation the number of New Zealand workers joining SIM.
- Mobilising: With collaborative events MissionWorld & DestinationWorld as well as changes to our magazine, website, and social media, many more are considering their part in God’s world.
Points for Prayer
- Pray for an increase in mission workers to be sent in the coming year with good fit in placements.
- Pray for the cross-cultural ministry conversation as New Zealand churches reach out cross-culturally in New Zealand, creating space for people different from us in our churches.
- Pray for combined mobilization events and church visits to open more doors for mission in and from New Zealand.