SIM works in Nepal in partnership with other organizations to reach people with the powerful Word of God. SIM has been asked to come alongside the Church and the Nepali people to facilitate their work. Our vision is to see God glorified in Nepal through holistic ministry, strategic partnerships, and personal witness.
- SIM partners with TEAM by placing workers in health, education, and creative access areas and encouraging input with the Nepali church. TEAM emphasizes excellent language acquisition; church capacity building and discipleship; and ministry to unreached Tibetan Buddhist minorities.
- SIM also partners selectively with International Nepal Fellowship (INF) focusing on tuberculosis, leprosy, rehabilitation, HIV and AIDS, and community health development work.
- SIM partners with United Mission to Nepal (UMN) especially in medical and health fields.
- A holistic development and HIV project enables local churches to reach their communities through practically demonstrating the love of Christ. Activities include HIV and AIDS awareness, adult literacy, saving-credit groups, income generation, provision of toilets and water, HIV home based care, community health development work, and church community mobilization process (CCMP).
- Medical ministry: We currently have medical doctors serving in rural mission hospitals serving as a powerful witness to the love of Christ; they are also involved in community outreach and discipleship.
- Leadership training: SIM develops the capacity of church leaders in Nepal by purchasing items for Bible schools or church resource centers and biblical and theological materials for pastors.
- Nepal community transformation provides a hostel and treatment center for tuberculosis and leprosy patients, scholarships for poor children, children’s evening program, health and hygiene awareness in schools and children’s clubs, saving-credit groups with income generation, and integral mission.
- The Nepal Leprosy Project provides diagnosis, treatment, prevention of disability, and socioeconomic rehabilitation to people affected by leprosy throughout Nepal.
- Business based ministries are developing alongside Nepali believers.
- SIM provides education of children in an international school.
Points for Prayer
- Praise for the growth of the Church, increased freedom for the Church and evangelism, more churches beginning to engage in integral (holistic) mission, and people coming to Christ through holistic ministry.
- Nepal has come to another political standstill, and people are suffering greatly. Pray for transformation which only Christ can bring.
- Pray for more laborers to build a team in Nepal that speaks Nepali very well, understands the times, and knows how to respond. We are not just looking for medical doctors but need laborers of all types.
- Pray for our C-SEA leadership team as we review our partnerships in Nepal in 2013; sharpen our focus; and also recruit an experienced SIM director!
- Pray for safety for our people in the midst of strikes and turmoil; pray that they could each model Christ in all His fullness.