Engaging God’s people in God’s global mission. ‘By Prayer’ we see that ‘by 2015’ SIM Canada will become increasingly relevant to young people who wish to be engaged in the Christian cause of mission. Through a strengthened regional presence and the development of strong relationships, our emphasis will be to engage and equip young people to minister both locally and globally.
- Prayer: SIM Canada is praying for double the number of prayer partners across Canada in the next five years and for developing an atmosphere of prayer throughout the mission.
- Mobilization: SIM Canada is targeting doubling missionary numbers in five years.
- SIM Canada is actively sending Canadians around the world through SIM and other partners.
- They are also receiving missionaries to minister here in Canada through Culture ConneXions (CCX).
- Business as Mission opportunities: SIM Canada is generating revenue options here in Canada.
- Communications: SIM Canada is striving to have real time accounts, as well as the majority of information on the Internet in five years.
Points for Prayer
- Pray for working partnerships with a growing number of other mission organizations.
- Pray for the growth of CCX ministries across Canada in the number of missionaries, interns, and associates.
- Pray specifically for French Canadian ministry (0.8 % evangelical in Quebec) and for our First Nation people to be transformed by the power of the gospel.
- Pray that staff will understand the changes in our society.
- Pray that the Thrive initiative would become part of our lifestyle with prayer as a growing value while we move through our strategic ‘To 2015’ future.
- Pray for the development of collaboration with other mission agencies here in Canada and an organizational structure that allows us to do business as mission ministries throughout the world.