By the grace of God, through a partnership with the United Baptist Church (UBC) of Zimbabwe and other like-minded ministry organizations, we envision SIM Zimbabwe bringing increase to the Church within Zimbabwe with an emphasis on children and youth by:
- Presenting the hope that comes through a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Caring for situations of human need through compassionate action.
- Discipling and mentoring both individual Christians and the Church into a transformed biblical lifestyle.
- Developing Christian leaders and enabling and empowering the Church.
- Playing a vital role in the prevention of HIV and AIDS and the care of those infected and affected by the disease.
- Instilling within believers a biblical burden and priority to reach their own and other people with the gospel.
- Preparing to reach an urbanized Zimbabwe.
- SIM participates in HOPE for AIDS, home based care, orphan and vulnerable children, Today for Tomorrow prevention ministries, income generating activities, and enabling the Church.
- Theological education is conducted through Rusitu Bible College (RBC).
- SIM workers lead a children’s ministry, including counselling, mentoring, Bible teaching in primary schools, and orphan work at a local orphanage.
Points for Prayer
- Pray the Lord would supply necessary funds for HOPE for AIDS projects.
- Pray for opportunity to disciple new Christians and effectively build the Church through the HOPE for AIDS program.
- Pray that Zimbabwe may enjoy a peaceful and just democracy.
- Pray that medical doctors may function effectively at Rusitu Hospital, making it a platform for the gospel.
- Pray that health care services and ARVs are made accessible to all.
- Pray for the completion of the SIM Zimbabwe registration.
- Pray for the appointment of God’s chosen team leader.
- Pray that the Evangel Discipleship Training Ministry would thrive in the United Baptist Church.