By faith we see a vibrant, maturing Church overflowing with Maninka and other Guineans bringing Jesus’ transformation to Upper Guinea and beyond.
- Our community health education and evangelism (CHE) program focuses on holistic health training in seven different villages on a regular basis. The team teaches practical health principles along with chronological Bible stories, and in some villages, additional literacy teaching and children’s health clubs are available. In addition to working in these villages, we teach seminars at a missionary training school, exposing Guinean missionaries to holistic health principles.
- Media ministry includes a recording studio where materials are recorded in the Maninka language, including books of the Bible translated and dramatized for distribution to radio stations and other ministries. The translation and recording of the God’s Story video and The Way of Righteousness radio programs are underway.
- We partner with Pioneers Bible Translators to translate the Bible into the Maninka language.
- We also seek to make discipleship a part of our daily relationships. We help with health and physical needs, teach English and computer skills, and serve in other ways as opportunities arise.
Points for Prayer
- Pray that SIM missionaries will be led and empowered by the Spirit, persevering with joy.
- Pray for effective partnerships and growing relationships with Guinean believers.
- Pray for boldness to sow the seed and that the sowing would bear fruit.
- Pray for the publication and distribution of audio materials.
- Pray for clear direction as we move into new areas of ministry.