By faith we see true followers of Jesus Christ empowered by the Holy Spirit, united in a mature Church that values people and God’s creation. We see these believers impacting and transforming society in Ghana and beyond for the glory of God.
The purpose of SIM Ghana is to bring glory to God through partnerships with Ghanaian believers and others as we evangelize the unreached, plant churches, disciple and train believers, minister to human need, and mobilize churches for missions.
We maintain a historic and ongoing partnership with the Bible Church of Africa (BCA), Challenge Enterprises of Ghana (CEG), and Maranatha University College (MUC) along with other like-minded organizations.
- Youth: develop relationships with youth and disciple them; work with churches to develop appropriate programs for the youth
- Development: minister to human need in health care, water supply, relief and community development
- Outreach: outreach work is primarily focused on M’s; currently radio broadcasts of The Way of Righteousness in four Ghanaian languages are being prepared; work is beginning to reach out to a global migrant group living in Accra.
- Mobilization for mission: collaboration with the SIM West Africa Office, other missions and the church in Ghana to encourage Ghanaians to become involved in mission throughout the world
- Urban, business, and professional: encourage Christian professionals to be engaged with Church activities and to network Church-minded businesses
- Marriage and family: minister through marriage counselling, train pre-marriage counsellors, and strengthen Christian marriages and families.
- Theological education, leadership development, and discipleship: Maranatha University College and the Bible Church of Africa are key partners. BCA continues to develop and promote mother tongue discipleship and theological education materials in connection with the Evangel Discipleship and Coaching Ministry.
- Children: invest in the lives of children through Bible clubs and help churches develop more effective Sunday school programs.
Points for Prayer
- Pray for additional personnel committed to building relationships and enabling us to pursue our vision.
- Pray that our team will be involved in vibrant discipling relationships. Pray that discipleship would take root in the Ghanaian Church.
- Pray for wisdom as we collaborate with other like-minded organizations in Ghana.
- Pray that Ghanaians who are committed to global mission will encourage their churches to engage in culturally relevant mission.
- Pray that SIM and our key partners can help and encourage each other as we serve the body of Christ together.