SIM continues to work alongside the Eglises Evangéliques SIM (EE-SIM—the SIM Burkina Faso primary church partner), other denominations, and Christian organizations to plant and strengthen the church throughout Burkina Faso.
- The Pastors’ Book Set project: SIM concluded 10 months of preparation with four conferences and the distribution of 3000 mini-libraries during the month of November in 2011. Appearances indicate the libraries are contributing to an increase in unity among denominations and churches.
- Fulani ministry: In collaboration with the Fulani region of EE-SIM, Fulani ministry continues with evangelistic efforts in many areas. An interdenominational Fulani Bible school was established in 2010. Construction of the campus continues.
- Translation: Printing of the New Testament in Fulfulde has been completed and will be available widely by January 2013.
- The Institut Missiologique du Sahel (IMS): IMS prepares leaders for missions. Students from several West African countries are preparing for leadership roles.·
- Friends in Action: Friends in Action came to partner in a well-drilling evangelism ministry with SIM and other organizations in villages with little to no Christian witness. Follow-up by the regional church has resulted in planting new churches and strengthening the Christian witness in the north west of the country.
- Health/Medical: Medical work prepared the way for the beginnings of the church in two remote areas of eastern Burkina Faso in the late 40s and early 50s. Both institutions are being used by God to meet many health and spiritual needs of the population. Construction is currently in progress on new surgery and lab facilities, the status of our health centres having been recently upgraded.
- The Handicapped Center: The Handicapped Center continues to activate a strategic plan for the development of this ministry. Burkinabé staff continue to be trained and new ministry developed to provide for this vulnerable segment of Burkinabé society.
- English for Everyone: English for Everyone and Computer Training Outreach both accommodate a student and professional population. They combine goals of service and evangelism through free discussion of the Word of God. The Evangelical Bible School of Ouagadougou and the Fulani translation project also use the facilities of the Ouaga Ministry training Center.
- Children’s Ministry: Children’s ministry takes on a variety of forms from teaching English to developing children’s curriculum for EE-SIM Bible schools, kids’ clubs, and discipleship groups.
- SIM and the EE-SIM: SIM and the EE-SIM continue to work together in response to the HIV and AIDs pandemic.
- Leadership Training: Leadership training and support for EE-SIM ministries and institutions continue to figure heavily in the ministry of SIM.
- Administrative Services: SIM Burkina administrative services provide significant support to other SIM ministries including the beginnings of SIM ministry in Mali.
Points for Prayer
- Pray for the development of the Fulani Bible School and for the spiritual growth of its students.
- Pray for the Institut Missiologique du Sahel’s future ministry and programs.
- Pray for the ongoing spiritual impact of the various relief, development, and service ministries.
- Pray for financial provision for a variety of ministries and new initiatives.
- Pray for EE-SIM and their administrative and financial needs.
- Pray for wisdom for administration in establishing priorities and managing new opportunities.
- Pray for wisdom and guidance in SIM’s expansion into Mali.